How to get a 198 lb bandsaw off the truck?

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 00:51:42 -0500, Silvan calmly ranted:

Cash is always cool.

Yabbut it's extremely dangerous to be rigging AFTER all the blood has left your upper head.

------------------------------------------------- - Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design - nowhere. - *

Larry Jaques

Sounds like maybe they should give up sports and teach more kids how to play the pie-anner.

This guy's dad was with him too. His dad is pretty inept. He almost killed me with a chainsaw once. One of those guys who made a good living and lived in a froofy, exclusive neighborhood, and had a bunch of exotic, high-dollar toys around, but he thought being someone who made a good living and living in a froofy, exclusive neighborhood, and having a bunch of exotic, high-dollar toys around somehow granted him the ability to use the things without bothering to learn anything about them. You know the type. Full 2,000-piece set of Snap-On tools in the shop, honking compressor with air system, but he has to pay someone to change his oil because he can't quite figure out how to do it.

The fact that those two lost a piano off the back of a truck really didn't come as that much of a surprise to me. :)

Reply to
Silvan

I don't know, maybe the extra room will be just the motivation they need? :)

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Nah. I haven't been 13 for a long time. I figured out a long time ago that anybody who looks really nice almost always has an equal and opposite personality anyway. I just like to look. SWMBO lets me look. No problem. She knows I couldn't get any of that if my life depended on it anyway. She has intentionally avoided fixing my lack of appeal to women to keep me all to herself. :)

(Damn I hope the hospital calls soon. She was due out of surgery two hours ago!)

Reply to
Silvan

Clearly, the piano had put on weight over those years. What else could explain it?

Reply to
igor

Will do.

It shipped from Muncy (I assume) on Friday - 200 miles away - so I might get a call today about delivery.

Reply to
igor

My G0555 came via Yellow Freight/Fedex - I live on a hill and my garage/shop is in the back of he house with an uphill driveway. I was not happy about the prospect of moving that dead weight by myself but I met the truck with my little hand truck in hand. I guess the driver felt sorry for me because he said that dinky thing would handle the load. He had a hydraulic pallet jack and he just picked up the pallet, moved it to the liftgate and then proceeded to wheel it up my driveway into the garage. All this without asking.

So, Grizz says be prepared to move it yourself but in every case, the driver has helped on his own.

YMMV,

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Problem? Get rope. Tie one end to bandsaw. Tie other end to tree. Drive truck away. Bandsaw on ground. No problem. the idea man, jo4hn :-)

Reply to
jo4hn

box.

Naw, that's TOO easy!

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Here's a solution:

- Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Duane Bozarth responds:

More likely an extra place to hide out.

Charlie Self "Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

Reply to
Charlie Self

Doug Winterburn posts:

Looks great. I have to wonder, though, what my S10 would look like as 500 pounds reached its high point on that device. For a real pick-up, it should be damned near ideal.

Charlie Self "Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

Reply to
Charlie Self

From the pictures, it looks like there are two rods that are set under each side to the ground preventing any spring sag while lifting/lowering. Seems like a good idea as I wouldn't want 500# balanced just on the hitch. I especially like the part where you take it off by pulling it off the hitch carrier. I wouldn't want it to be a permanent part of my vehicle.

- Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

You got to give him credit for being so brilliant and really easiest, beside using a sledge hammer,break it apart and remove from the truck one piece at a time. :-)

Reply to
WD

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:29:14 -0500, Silvan calmly ranted:

True, true. Remember that calypso song from the late 60s? "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife." It's still true.

Har! Unfortunately, I grok that in its entirety.

Smart gal, that one.

Best wishes on a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Give her a gentle hug for me.

------------------------------------------------- - Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design - nowhere. - *

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:22:42 -0700, Doug Winterburn calmly ranted:

I already posted that solution yesterday, Doug, noting that it was on half-price sale. I wish I'd bought one of those instead of the pickup crane (which I still haven't taken out of the box.)

I DID just get the fuming box glued up a few minutes ago, though. It's

5' wide by 3' tall and 2' deep, made from some stunning birdseye SPF tubatwos and onebuhtwos. Ourghta be about big enough, huh? I'll fold in one side of the plastic (and not trim it) so I can stick longer boards in and still be able to seal it when I make the G&G couch... unless I make it out of jarrah.

------------------------------------------------- - Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design - nowhere. - *

Larry Jaques

What's next after birdseye G-cans and fuming boxes - sheesh! ;-)

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:44:03 -0700, Doug Winterburn calmly ranted:

"G-cans"?!?

P.S: We ain't talkin' maple here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked. ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Good point. His method does take the least amount of effort! HOOOYAH!

Reply to
Vic Baron

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:47:13 -0500, Silvan calmly ranted:

Oh, ditto here, by about 1.25".

Sounds like you've "got chub". You're not suppposed to have that until you're at least 40.

Um, pass. I want to touch the beauty queen instead. Lots, firmly. ;)

No doubt, and she's prolly a real shrew, too. Better off without.

Good luck on that.