How to fix wainscot to concrete wall ?

Hello,
In mine country wainscot is not so popular like in USA. Ours building norm order ventilation slot between wood and wall to prevent moisture. I afraid this solution becasue in main opinion growing risk of vermin in that slot. Based on yours experience, is moisture a real risk if I will glue wainscot to concrete wall (outer isolated) ?
With greetings, Filo.
Hello,
In mine country wainscot is not so popular like in USA. Ours building norm order ventilation slot between wood and wall to prevent moisture. I afraid this solution becasue in main opinion growing risk of vermin in that slot. Based on yours experience, is moisture a real risk if I will glue wainscot to concrete wall (outer isolated) ?
With greetings, Filo.
Hello,
In mine country wainscot is not so popular like in USA. Ours building norm order ventilation slot between wood and wall to prevent moisture. I afraid this solution becasue in main opinion growing risk of vermin in that slot. Based on yours experience, is moisture a real risk if I will glue wainscot to concrete wall (outer isolated) ?
With greetings, Filo.

Filo:
I live in the northeast USA and we do have to contend with moisture problems up here. I would not glue any wood directly to a concrete wall that was below grade where I live. Above grade, I probably would with less concern for moisture problems. Below grade I fir out the wall with at least 1x3 stringers, simply to ensure the air gap that you are required to provide.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com
On 17 Aug 2004 05:53:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@tenbit.pl (Filo) wrote:

Leave a 1/2" gap between the wainscot and the wall. Use a cement paint sealer such as UGL to seal the wall before covering it. Of course if there is any clue of water seepage, deal with that problem first.