How to fix squeaky wood?

Whenever I open or close the drawers in my dresser, it gives off this horrible squeak. Is there some kind or lubricant or solution that can be used to prevent this?
Thanks in advance!
Paste wax or candle wax on drawer slides
Dave

minnehaha wrote:

Find where they're rubbing (should be fairly obvious sign like a slight wear or scratch or finish dust or ...) and use a coat of paste wax.
Depending on the spot and why, you may be able to relieve the binding but any specific suggestion would rely on knowing at least some details...
Duane Bozarth wrote:

this
can be

slight
Wow...funny - I was going to post the same question today. This can be quite a problem with any 'cargo' furniture. I am going to try the wax. Thanks-
Lola wrote: ...

OK, I'll bite...what's "cargo" furniture?
Hi HAHA, IF it is wood on wood, I would suggest the following. I just used it on a dresser and it works well. Now to see how long it lasts. Cheers, JG
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=1&page2182&category=1,110,43466
minnehaha wrote:

K-Y
____

Wax or paraffin, a candle will do.
In typed:

Ivory bar soap (white)...
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

Thank you all for the advice. Yes it is wood-on-wood. I also was wondering how long it would take someone to suggest K-Y. :)
I haven't had time to fix it yet but I'll try some of the easy stuff first (soap or candle wax) since I have that at home.
Thanks again! Dave
minnehaha wrote:

Try Baby Powder, John
If the baby powder doesn't work, try a paste furniture wax, like Minwax.
Steve

John Wrote:

Talcum powder works well . Also good for creaking floorboards and stai treads
-- Scooby