How to fix squeaky wood?

Whenever I open or close the drawers in my dresser, it gives off this horrible squeak. Is there some kind or lubricant or solution that can be used to prevent this?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
minnehaha

Paste wax or candle wax on drawer slides

Dave

Reply to
TeamCasa

Find where they're rubbing (should be fairly obvious sign like a slight wear or scratch or finish dust or ...) and use a coat of paste wax.

Depending on the spot and why, you may be able to relieve the binding but any specific suggestion would rely on knowing at least some details...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Wow...funny - I was going to post the same question today. This can be quite a problem with any 'cargo' furniture. I am going to try the wax. Thanks-

Reply to
Lola

Lola wrote: ...

OK, I'll bite...what's "cargo" furniture?

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

K-Y

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Ivory bar soap (white)...

Reply to
ted harris

Wax or paraffin, a candle will do.

Reply to
Phisherman

Thank you all for the advice. Yes it is wood-on-wood. I also was wondering how long it would take someone to suggest K-Y. :)

I haven't had time to fix it yet but I'll try some of the easy stuff first (soap or candle wax) since I have that at home.

Thanks again! Dave

Reply to
minnehaha

Try Baby Powder, John

Reply to
John

If the baby powder doesn't work, try a paste furniture wax, like Minwax.

Steve

Reply to
Steven and Gail Peterson

Talcum powder works well . Also good for creaking floorboards and stai treads

-- Scooby

Reply to
Scooby