How to fight rust...

Hi all,

I live in a high moisture area. Recently I noticed one of my flat wood bits is getting rust (oxidizing) and it was not used yet (!) Now I'm worried about my circular saw's blade. Which care should I have with them? May be covering them with light oil or something alike... What do you reccommend?

Thanks

Reply to
Faustino Dina

Oil or a light spray of WD-40 after each use.

Reply to
Leon

Just be sure to cut some scraps before you get the WD-40 on some good wood.

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

"Blade and Bit" rust remover by Boeshield applied with a Scotch Brite pad will take the rust off. Then coat with Boeshield or Top Coat (follow the directions on the can). I'm sure there are other solutions, but this seems to work for me.

Nick B

Reply to
Nick Bozovich

Reply to
GerryG

When living in a humid area, I used automatic transmission fluid. It was effective and very cheap.

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox

A quick rub with WD-40 works wonders. Sometimes I just squirt some into the toolbox if I don't feel like sorting it first.

A copper wire brush cleans off rust quite well. If you get one of the round ones that chucks into a drill motor it goes pretty quick.

Faust> Hi all,

Reply to
Elwood Dowd