How to fasten a table top?

I intend on screwing the back rail to the top and using those offset things that fit into slots for the sides, but how do you fasten the front rail? Can I use the offset things, leaving room for expansion, assuming the wood in January is as small as it will ever be?
The table is 60" long by 15" wide, butternut.
I checked two old tables I have, cherry and oak. They have survived for years despite being screwed on all four sides; so maybe I am making too big a deal out of this?

I wouldn't rigidly fasten a solid wood table top to it's support structure. Period.
When I put a table top on, I use metal Z clips (tabletop fasteners) or wooden L shaped clips. Some use screws in elongated holes, but how much room to allow for is maybe it a bit tricky to determine. The fasteners work without too much thinking.

The fact that this table is 15" wide works in your favor, assuming the grain runs the length of the table. Expansion will be greatest across the grain. Slotted holes for the screw heads should suffice.
Patriarch

Why not use those offset things all the way 'round? Tom Work at your leisure!