How to extend handle?

I bought an inexpensive beach cart from Walmart a while back and it works fine except for one thing, the handle isn't long enough. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to extend the handle another six or eight inches. I posted it here thinking that the answer might involve wood in some way or fashion. Here's a picture of the cart that I am describing.

very much.

Reply to
john.menken

Assuming you don't want to take the cart apart, I might suggest cobbling up a U shaped handle out of 3 pieces of wood with two "arms" screwed to the cross piece. Attach the new handle to the cart with hose clamps binding the arms to the current handle. Kinda ugly but functional. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Exactly, last thing you should do is drill holes in those metal tubes, it will start to turn into a pretzel on you after the first use.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Could do it out of wood but I suspect that for quick and dirty it would be easier to use some plastic pipe and elbows. Be ugly but that's the nature of quick and dirty.

Reply to
J. Clarke

then just use the longest beach chair as a handle to pull the cart.

If you really are looking for an excuse to do some woodworking, make the bungees out of wood. ;)

RicodJour

Yep... or at least the end hooks...

I think I'd but a $20 folding shopping/laundry cart at Wally-World and but the chairs in it.. Or, use $50 worth of hardwood and extend the handle that way ;-]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

If a simple rope won't do, PVC is cheap and easy to work.

Reply to
Phisherman

Don't you get several dozen emails every day promising a surefire method of extending your wood?

Reply to
Larry W