How to extend handle?

I bought an inexpensive beach cart from Walmart a while back and it works fine except for one thing, the handle isn't long enough. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to extend the handle another six or eight inches. I posted it here thinking that the answer might involve wood in some way or fashion. Here's a picture of the cart that I am describing.
http://www.beachchairs.com/beach-accessories/wheel-carts/mosteconomicalbeachcart.cfm
Thanks very much.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@ceridian.com wrote:

http://www.beachchairs.com/beach-accessories/wheel-carts/mosteconomicalbeachcart.cfm
up a U shaped handle out of 3 pieces of wood with two "arms" screwed to the cross piece. Attach the new handle to the cart with hose clamps binding the arms to the current handle. Kinda ugly but functional.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Add pictures here
✖
jo4hn wrote:

Exactly, last thing you should do is drill holes in those metal tubes, it will start to turn into a pretzel on you after the first use.
--
Froz...

2 feet longer than a d00tchie.
✖
FrozenNorth wrote:

http://www.beachchairs.com/beach-accessories/wheel-carts/mosteconomicalbeachcart.cfm
Could do it out of wood but I suspect that for quick and dirty it would be easier to use some plastic pipe and elbows. Be ugly but that's the nature of quick and dirty.
--John
✖
On Jan 3, 10:37 am, snipped-for-privacy@ceridian.com wrote:

Use a bungee cord or two to attach the beach chairs to the cart and then just use the longest beach chair as a handle to pull the cart.
If you really are looking for an excuse to do some woodworking, make the bungees out of wood. ;)
✖

Yep... or at least the end hooks...
I think I'd but a $20 folding shopping/laundry cart at Wally-World and but the chairs in it.. Or, use $50 worth of hardwood and extend the handle that way ;-]
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 07:37:23 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@ceridian.com wrote:

If a simple rope won't do, PVC is cheap and easy to work.
Add pictures here
✖

Don't you get several dozen emails every day promising a surefire method of extending your wood?

✖