How to do inlay with a router?

I have been trying a little inlaying and I'm making my own templates. The problem I'm seeing is that my inlay recess has slightly rounded corners and the inlay piece has sharp corners. I'm guessing I made my inlay template corner radius smaller than my inlay kit guide bushing. I'm using one of those inlay bushing kits that has a snap on bushing so one size template makes both the recess and the insert. I guess I'm asking for an inlay tutorial or a link to one - I googled...I did, really!
Second, my PC 690 router base is not perfectly centered so my inlay bit is not centered in my inlay guide bushing.
Thanks for any advice.
A router won't make sharp corners. It will produce rounded corners that you'll chisel out.
Brian.

http://www.jesada.com/instructions/inlay_kit.html
The corner radius on your template must be the same or greater than the radius of the large bush.
You need to center the bushing to the bit or you will never have any success.

on my PC 690 there's some room to adjust the guide bushing around before you tighten the big knurled nut that holds it in place to the sub-base. not a lot, but enough to get it centered. my bushing set is the freud brass one not the steel Porter Cable one, though.     Bridger
Woodcraft sells a router inlay kit that includes a 1/8" diameter upcut carbide bit and also a centering device. I got around the off center guide bushings by using my 690 on a table and buying a DW610. The 610 doesn't have that problem.
A Pat Warner base will help too.