How to calculate the beams' sections for a pine shed

Hi,

I want to make a pine shed supported by 4 pillars but I am in doubt regarding the rectangular sections I should use for the beams.

The structure has the following design (floor plan):

Notes: O = pillars The 2 x 270cm beams are placed on top of the pillars The 4 x 380cm beams are placed on top of the 2 x 270cm beams There is nothing (no weight) covering this structure so it just needs to support itself

How can I calculate the sections of the rectangular pine beams that should be used in both directions?

Thanks/Brgds j

Reply to
jcasqueiro

This isn't metric but it might help you anyway:

BenignBodger