how to calculate fair price for used TS

Well, I just ordered my new TS yesterday, with a lot of input from everyone here. Thanks again.

Now I would like to sell my used Delta 36-600, but how do you figure out a fair price? Anyone have any suggestions.

I checked Ebay and ironically someone is selling this same saw for $499 which is about $100 more than you can buy it new. This fine gentleman also somehow managed to increase the power from a 15 amp motor to a 5 HP, as well as tripling the width of the table top. My hope is that he install a Unisaw motor and some extension tables and he is not trying to deceive, but who knows.

Check the link:

was thinking about trying to sell it for $200, which is $100 less than it was new, but I'm throwing in a lot of accessories and extra parts I have laying around.

Is there any guide, other than the good all supply and demand indicator, to price a tool?

Chuck

Reply to
Woodchuck34

If the machine is in good shape, half of what the machine would cost new today is a good guide.

Steve

Reply to
Mr Fixit eh

The problem in getting a fair price is how much demand the tool has. You can find a Sears saw that sold for $500 and have trouble getting $100 for it. A used unisaw would sell for a bigger percentage. I like to check the newspapers for used prices on things to get an idea of what people are paying for things. max

Reply to
max
50% of new is a "starting point" and depending on how clean and age and goodies thrown in, the price goes Up or DOWN. Common sense might also come into play.

Woodchuck34 wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

I think your estimate is good considering it has extras. I gave $375 for my Bosch 4000 with about $100 worth of extras. It was about a year old and had been used very little. I could have Jewed the guy down some, and I think he was a little surprised I didn't try, but it was a fair price for a saw that was on my short list and it saved me about $250 over buying all of it new.

Reply to
Hax Planks

>>> I was thinking about trying to sell it for $200, which is $100 less

Reply to
Patrick Bitton

No, but it's a perfect example of how top-posting makes messages hard to follow.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Why? You'd have to read to the bottom either way, wouldn't you?

Reply to
George

And after all, top posting is much more detrimental to society than bigotry.

Reply to
Jerry S.

> I was thinking about trying to sell it for $200, which is $100 less

Chuck, I sold my 36-600 for $275.00 about 3 years ago (I think). It included the Delta mobile base and 3 inserts. It was in excellent condition.

MikeG.

Reply to
MikeG

Thing is, I had to go scroll through 2 pages of text to figure out what I think he's referring to. That's effective communication how, exactly? Scroll down two pages and guess what's being responded to?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Thanks for the info Mike. I also have the mobile base that would be up for sale, but I currently have the saw mounted on an old desk with a shop made dust chute. I'm planning on throwing in the factory (stanard and dado) and shop made inserts, as well and an extra set of rails (planned on doubling the capacity of the fence when I finished the current mobile base), so maybe the $200 isn't out of line.

Chuck

Reply to
Woodchuck34

While the top poster/bottom posters squabble...

hooked up but from where I'm sitting it t'would appear that blade tilting will be somewhat problematic.

Just this.

Unisaw A-100

Reply to
Patrick Bitton