How to balance a band saw?

Changed the tires and blade on my band saw and now it vibrates when I run it. ANy tips on how to get the two wheels back into balance?
You might try lead tape. They used to use lead tape to weight golf clubs. I think they still make it.
Layne

<Layne> wrote in message

You can get self adhesive lead weights for aluminium car wheels. To balance the saw wheels, remove all the belts, blades etc and, if the bearings are free, let it settle. The heavy part settles to the bottom. Apply weights to the light part until it balances.
John
Sounds like your wheels are lumpy. There's an article written by Bob Vaughn on the OWWM site that lists the cure.
http://www.owwm.com/FAQ/Default.asp
You might also want to look at link belts for the drive system. I know it's not part of the problem as it has recently surfaced but you might be surprised.
UA100
Unisaw A100 responds:

Stopped at a friend's shop in Bedford, VA Saturday to find that Bob had visited him a few days earlier. Things never seem to work out! For years, we lived 35 miles apart and never met. Still haven't, but I'll be going back soon (I hope). Worst mistake FWW ever made was shoving his material off their pages, but the word was that he was too critical of stupid or cheap moves by advertisers. Big 'whoops' there in today's world.
But I'd love to see Bob's work turning up elsewhere. He's the ace when it comes to motors and mechanicals.
Charlie Self If God had wanted me to touch my toes he would have put them higher on my body.
Sounds like a good series for Woodwork magazine....
Bob S.

He's a welcome regular on the OWWM. It's gotten to the point where we feel like he's our personal machinery guru.
UA100