How to adjust compressor air pressure when machine lacks adjustment knob?

That's not uncommon. It's just as easy to find either configuration - with or without regulators. It's a matter of what the retailer elects in their configuration. The compressor manufacturers typically build without the regulator but agree to install them during manufacture if they are manufacturing private label stuff.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

On 09 Feb 2005 15:18:59 GMT, the inscrutable Brian Elfert spake:

Amazing! Husky is apparently a real cheapskate.

- They who know the truth are not equal to those who love it. -Confucius ---

Comprehensive Website Programming Services

Reply to
Larry Jaques

My Ingersol-Rand compressor didn't come with one either. That's a $2500 machine. Why regulate when you know they're going to run it through a dryer anyway? The regulator will go down-stream somewhere, probably at the point where you run the air into the distribution system. And there'll be another regulator down by the tool.

My compressor is down right now; the automatic drain valve sticks in the open position. Bah!

Reply to
Ed Clarke

Which automatic drain valve did you use Ed? While we're at it - what will you use if you have to replace it rather than repair it?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

On 10 Feb 2005 10:46:22 GMT, the inscrutable Ed Clarke spake:

I can see why larger compressors, which would suit a production shop and beg for distribution, might have no regulators, but I can't see why smaller ones wouldn't come with them unless reeeeeeeally cheap.

Like, bummer, dude.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You got it. Save a buck to be more competitive. I'm not sure where you draw the line, but my PC pancake has a regulator and I never run more than one tool. If I had distribution, I'd rather have the regulation closer to the tool. this is common practice to assure adequate air at the point of use. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

FWIW, I picked up a $20 inline regulator at Coastal, added quick connects, and plug it in right at the tool. I leave the compressor @

105-110 PSI, and adjust at the tool.

It's really a handy setup and well worth the $20.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

I sometimes run a 15g finish nailer and a 18g brad nailer for the same assembly. I regulate at the compressor to what the 15 wants, then ad a T and regulate one leg with an inline regulator to what the 18 wants. easy and cheap to set up, works great.

Reply to
bridger

I use it on everything, as I'm too lazy to walk back to the compressor. If I'm out of the shop, there's a good chance that the compressor may not even be on the same floor. Usually it's in a basement or garage, and I'm too floors up!

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y