How Tight

I just grab the blade with my right hand and tighten the nut with the wrench held in the left hand. Since the tightening tries to rotate the blade backwards there is no risk of cutting the fingers. By the way: What is the typical diameter of the arbor flange? My Metabo saw has about 7.5cm...

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

snip

Go for it, Robin.....

Reply to
Bridger

That's not even a decent joke. Some newbie might think you were serious, and actually try that.

Idiot.

Doug Miller

Charlie

Have a 5hp unisaw, and so far just a bit beyond snug is all I need, even on the stacked dado set

John

Reply to
Guess Who?

I recently bought Kelly Mehler's table saw video. He says you don't need to tighten the nut much at all. He says that the way the nut is threaded it tightens on its own. I bought a device called a Bladeloc (I think). It holds it securely enough.

Dick Durbin late of Sunfish, Kentucky

Reply to
Dick Durbin