How Tight

Page 2 of 2
charlie b said:

Hey, I have an 'American Saw' and it has a two wrench blade tightening system. But sadly, no stock riving knife - I added one, however.
As for US cars, how about Ed Cole's baby, the Corvair (65 & later)? 4 wheel, 4 link independent suspension with coil springs, flat horizontally opposed 6 cylinder turbocharged engine - an alternator, really stiff unibody, split steering shaft, little to no chrome, and no fins.
People didn't want it - Ralph Nader killed it, even though by the time his book was published, they had redesigned it to eliminate the VW type swing-arm suspension. While easy to blame the manufacturers, they produce what is demanded of them - and what sells.
This explains all the wretched SUV's roaming the landscape of the USA that are equipped with... hmmm....
Huge bulbous bodies, big V-8s, lots of chrome, rain gutters, huge pompous grills, ladder frames, distributors (although electronic instead of points), leaf springs, and high centers of gravity. That is what the morons want. <g>

Makes the mind reel...
Greg G.

snip
Go for it, Robin.....
snipped-for-privacy@logantele.com (Charlie Campney) writes:

I just grab the blade with my right hand and tighten the nut with the wrench held in the left hand. Since the tightening tries to rotate the blade backwards there is no risk of cutting the fingers. By the way: What is the typical diameter of the arbor flange? My Metabo saw has about 7.5cm...
Charlie
Have a 5hp unisaw, and so far just a bit beyond snug is all I need, even on the stacked dado set
John
On 30 Dec 2003 14:26:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@logantele.com (Charlie Campney) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@logantele.com (Charlie Campney) wrote in message

I recently bought Kelly Mehler's table saw video. He says you don't need to tighten the nut much at all. He says that the way the nut is threaded it tightens on its own. I bought a device called a Bladeloc (I think). It holds it securely enough.
Dick Durbin late of Sunfish, Kentucky