How's the Delta 36-680 as a First saw?

I have a budget of $600 for a new saw. How will the Delta 36-680 stackup? Any suggestions of other saws in my budget range?
(Featuring a NEW look)

It looks a lot like my saw the Delta 36-600. Mine has served me well, but I think I am beginning to out grow it now. Not enough power and a piss poor fence. Otherwise a great first saw.
--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmelissa/woodworking_frames.htm

and it went over my head?

Its like driving a Honda Accord, it gets you were you need to go. It's just not a Porsche.
Sturdy, rock solid cast iron table. Not that aluminum crap. It gets the job done. I think I may have been a little to critical of the fence. It does ok. I checked it for alignment with a dial caliper from front to back and it did 'ok' . I dont remember the numbers.