How Quick to Make Knock Off Festool Domino!

Page 3 of 3
woodchucker wrote: > > Bill I have a full time job, run a volleyball program, work ridiculous hours on the weekends at times, and still if I replaced a stud, it would be closed up that day or within a few days.. (the first time I get free time).. not May or June.. I agree it's basically a one day job, even after I pull the wires running through the stud and reattach the insulation. I was hoping to do that, complete my drywall, paint, electrical, and hang a few lamps by June. It's hard to start anything big until school is out in May. In the meantime, I'm trying make myself learn to sharpen. Maybe because, it's new to me, I have found that difficult to start Doing! : ) I have a lot of tools that are supposed to have sharp edges. It's nice that we try to keep each other inspired! I should really redraw my TV stand drawing now so I am ready to go on it when summer is here. Have fun!
Bill
> > Stop spending so much time thinking. Spend more time DOING. Putting a patch of sheetrock takes a few minutes. Spread some mud, tape, let dry. > > Spread some more let dry. > Damn Bill..
Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Swingman and I have moved both of our cabinet saws a few times, we used a box van with a lift gate each time. Piece of cake. The saws are longer than the lift gate so we rolled the saw into the gate and let the right end of the table hang out over the back side of the gate. It is light enough for one of us to control as it is lifted or lowered. Both of our saws are on mobile bases.

Wow, I did not know those were made anymore. I don't think I would buy one now, though. I know they quit making them as they were going to give the machine an overhaul, but I can't find any valid reviews on the new model machine. I never know what to think about the videos posted on different machines. Since everyone with a credit card can temporarily purchase a machine that owns a video camera is now an expert. Sadly, they review tools without learning how to use them in many instances. ====================================Purely personal prejudice.
Freud does a great job on cutting devices, power tools, not so much.
Lew

Not sure when Freud made the leap from second tier cutting instruments to top tier, but I must have blinked and missed it.
About 10 or 12 years ago I started buying those thin red blades for circular saws they sell. They are without doubt the best circular saw blades I have ever used, and they can still be bought for 10 to 15 bucks depending on what you are buying.
I have my circular saws graded and have one for regular use, hard use, and cabinet use. The Makita I use on cabinets will actually leave a smooth finish on a board when used to rip material if I am using a guide. Until that blade came out, I had never seen rip cuts from a circular saw so smooth.
I have found that they don't last well when used by my ninja warriors, but there are still plenty of utility value $5 blades out there for them.
Robert