How old is this jointer?

Hi y'all, I just bought a Sears jointer on ebay. Looks like a fixer-upper. It's 4 1/8" wide and the model number is 149.21871. Just curious...How old could this be? Sears.com has a parts list and exploded diagram, but show no other info. TIA kb8qlr
P.S. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item806860091&ssPageName ­ME:B:EOAB:US:6
--
Be sure to check-out our webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html

Can't get to mine right now to check model number right now but it looks just like mine and I bought mine used 20 years ago and and it was old then. I'm guessing it 's from the early 50's (the good old days) but it does it's thing. Think I gave $75 for mine and it had nice sturdy stand and a like new 3/4 hp 3600 rpm motor. RM~
βœ–
Chech here
http://www.owwm.com/Default.asp
Jim

1/8"
info.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item806860091&ssPageName ­ME:B:EOAB:US:6
Add pictures here
βœ–
that model is was made by AMT (American Machine Tool) for Sears. I had one under the AMT name. Its a good little jointer but the key word is little. The short in feed and out feed tables make doing anything over 24" long a bit tricky. AMT got out of the small tool bussness a few years ago so parts may be hard to come by. I hope you got a book with it, set up can be a bear. Bolt it to a table and after set up you should have a useful tool. Once you discover how useful a joint can be, your next step will be a 6". HTH-George

βœ–
George Geddes wrote:

Ditto what George that the machine is an AMT. The vintage for this machine would probably be somewhere in the 70's maybe into the 80's??? I seriously doubt it went as far back as the 60's though I could be wrong by a year or two.
Your best bet is to start c*ll*ct*ng Sears catalogs from these eras and start looking to see when it first appeared and last appeared. That will be as close as you'll get to a born on date.
UA100
Add pictures here
βœ–

For a first-approximation check, what does the 'plate' say for the line voltage for the motor? 110 -- mid 1950's or earlier, 115 -- mid 1950's to early 60's, 117 -- early 60's to late 60's, 120 -- late 60's to present
Add pictures here
βœ–