how much is a Jet JWCS-10 Table Saw worth ??

Does anyone know how much a Jet JWCS-10 Table Saw might be worth? It is 6 years old and still runs as strong as the first day I got it. It is rated at 2 HP and is wired for 220V right now. It has the solid cast iron wings and the Jet fence ( I'm not sure what model fence it is, but it is original equipment. I think the last retail price on this saw was $1995. This saw must be picked up in the Chicago area. It is very heavy. Matt
As far as the price goes... I have found another price from a websearch of $700.... So I am not sure how much to ask for.... any ideas?
Matt Zack wrote:

Hi Matt,
The JWCS-10 is a contractor's saw. I also have the model with the cast iron wings and JetFence as you describe.
I recall paying around $600-$650 new ... I'd ask $500 for it used, assuming it's all in good condition.
Regards, Nate
Nate - I guess they made a couple of different style using the same model name.... mine has an enclosed cabinet with a 4" dust port and a 2HP motor. I think your contractors saw resembles most other contractor saws with the exception of the cast wings. My body is blue colored.

On Sat, 28 May 2005 18:47:36 GMT, "Matt Zack"

Matt:
The Model numbers used by Jet are hard for me to understand also... what is the actual model number on your saw.... ? I purchased mine in the late 80's... JCS-10 also 2 Hp also Blue it was sold as a "cabinet" saw ...but it really is NOT... only option I ordered was a Bies fence...
That said... the saw has never given me a bit of trouble
Bob G
On Wed, 25 May 2005 02:36:25 GMT, "Matt Zack"

I can't find any info or manual on your model at the Jet site. Are you sure of the model #. Is it a contractors or cabinet saw?
It is a cabinet saw.

Probably worth 50% to 70% of new, depending on condition.

I own a JTAS, Jet's current 3hp 10-inch cabinet saw. When I bought mine about 3 years ago, they were 1300-1800 depending on the configuration (fence size, router lift option).
The 2HP model is probably less expensive. Since "Jet" does not have the cache' of "Unisaw", I would figure more like 50%.
I'll bet that $600-$800 is a more realistic number.
-Steve
It is not worth anything and you should give it away. I'll be by later with a pick-up.

it's worth whatever the market you're in will pay for it.
Thanks group ! It gives me an idea of what it is worth.

I'll give $19.95 for it and pick it up this weekend...