How many hammers do you think one needs?

Page 3 of 3
says...

Depends on how many Needs one has, don't you think?
I've a sledge hammer for driving stakes 'round the farm. a 3pound short maul for driving wedges behind the chainsaw a 250g and a 500g German cross-peen for mechanical work a couple of wooden mallets turned on the lathe for chiseling a 17 oz Estwing claw hammer for framing and general nailing -- I found if I try to use a heavier claw hammer I get carpal tunnel or tennis elbow. a traditional German carpenter's hammer
http://www.hood.de/img/full/1503/15038073.jpg which I spike into heavy timbers like big fence posts or roof beams and use it as a carrying handle (it drives nails as well, as a bonus - see above about rsi though). and I used to have a tiny wee hammer out of some very hard metal for chipping holes into wall tiles, but I don't know where that got to ...
-P.

Fewer now that I have nail guns. :~)

I have a claw hammer, two ball peen hammers, a tack hammer, wooden mallet, rawhide mallet, geologist's hammer, and a hammer that I rarely use that I made in high school on a metal lathe. I almost forgot about the hatchet has a hammer head on it.

If I had a hammer I'd hammer in the morning I'd hammer in the evening All over this land I'd hammer out danger I'd hammer out a warning I'd hammer out love between my brothers and my sisters All over this land

1 2lb club hammer of unknown manufacture 1 Stanley 20oz claw (This gets used the most) 1 Stanley 1lb ball pein 1 Stanley 6oz cross pein 1 Stanley 3.1/2ox cross pein 1 Wooden mallet 1 Thor size "A" copper/hide mallet 1 polyurethane "soft" mallet.
All the other hammers I had lying around I gave away to: http://www.twam.co.uk/home.html for whom I am a volunteer refurbisher.
If I need anything different I can always borrow from the above (we've always got "hundreds" in our workshop) or from my blacksmith daughter.