How long to dry wood before paint?

I have pressure treated that I am going to solid stain. It was very wet. How long should it take to dry before It can be painted with solid stain? I am SoCal and summers are dry and hot.

thx

Reply to
trs80

Different stain manufacturers recommend different waiting periods. It varies from 30-60 days to as long as six months. Most manufacturers recommend using an oil or latex semi-transparent stain. Check the instructions on the can of the product you intend to use. For a start see:

no(SPAM)vasys

I have used water based heavy bodied Cabot stain on really wet pressure treated wood with no negative result. The label calls for waiting six months. I did a rural mailbox post from Home Depot six years ago and it still looks fine.

Reply to
Dave W

Reply to
TRS80

These folks have a fairly informative web site:

I have pressure treated that I am going to solid stain. It was very wet.

Reply to
Pat Barber

good article...thanks!

Reply to