How long to dry wood before paint?

I have pressure treated that I am going to solid stain. It was very wet. How long should it take to dry before It can be painted with solid stain? I am SoCal and summers are dry and hot.
thx
trs80 wrote:

Different stain manufacturers recommend different waiting periods. It varies from 30-60 days to as long as six months. Most manufacturers recommend using an oil or latex semi-transparent stain. Check the instructions on the can of the product you intend to use. For a start see:
http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infxtra/infpre.shtm
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

These folks have a fairly informative web site:
http://www.southernpine.com/ptsealers.shtml
trs80 wrote:

good article...thanks!