How long before withdrawal symptoms set in for YOU?

My next project is an oak desk. Already picked up the 3/4" and 1/4" oak ply from my supplier last week. He's out of 5/4 oak lumber. Was due in today. Called today; now it's due in next Tuesday. I'm on vacation next week. Hopefully, when I return the following week he'll still have some decent stuff left...

So how long can you go without working in your shop before you miss it? I'm usually good for about a week or two. Now it's been about 3-4 weeks, and still have 2 to go. Waaaaaaaaaa!

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I've been 14 months....I'm damned near terminal.....

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

Depends on what I am doing ... if I am finishing, I have to make myself go out to the shop. If I am measuring, sawing, cutting, chiseling, and generally snortin' sawdust, I have to make myself come back into the house. Unfortunately, due to size, my shop is either a woodworking shop, or a finishing room ... but I am happily back in the woodworking mood for the next couple of weeks.

Reply to
Swingman

I once went 15 years without doing any major woodworking project (age 15 to age 30). It's been about 3 months now since the last time any of my woodworking tools have been used. The next major project will be an "en masse" movement of the entire shop to a new home in about six months.

JE

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

I have been refinishing decks and walkways (about 1400 sq.ft.). They are redwood and about 6 months old. The contractor put Thompsons Water Seal on it after I told him not to. Good guy other than that. That stuff provides protection (paraffin to make the water bead) until the TV camera is turned off or until the first rain, whichever comes first. Used a product called SuperDeck this time. We'll see how good that is.

Time to start the Christmas toys. Had another Grandson last week. Another is due in December (different moms). I do honestly hate painting.

mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Where?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I'm going to the Woodcraft in East Greenwich, RI. It's about 39 miles from me and is the closest one to Mystic.

Mike

Reply to
Dr. Seuss

Reply to