How It's Made - Solid Core Wood Doors

Show earlier this afternoon showed how they're made, right from making the door skins from tree trunks, right on to the end. A little different than I'd thought. Neat.

The skins are 3 pieces, each, 1-200th of an inch, glued together to make a three ply skin, one on each side. Of course it all goes quite fast, they use heat or microwaves to almost instantly cure the glue. And the sanding, staining, and varnishing, of each outer side takes 70 seconds. Even so, it's kinda amazing that some of those machines could be vastly simplified and used in a home shop. But regardless it's neet to see stuff like that being made. I always get some ideas and inspiration. Good show, if you've never seen it, you shoud if you can.

JOAT Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam. (I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)

Reply to
J T