How It's Made

No, no ... not albino. She has lovely green eyes, deep red hair and blushes easily. DAMHIKT

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

A lot of guys who are woodworkers now, were at one time, hockey players....without helmets.

Reply to
Robatoy

Try Heather Cream.. After 10 or 12 of those you wont care how it looks. :-) (Heather Cream, a scotch base drink)

Reply to
Jim Northey

I know the type. It takes a mother 20 years to turn her son into a man. ...and a girl like Heather only 20 minutes to turn him into a blithering idiot.

add a few freckles and I'll be biting my knuckles.

Reply to
Robatoy

"Put me in, coach, put me in ... I don't need a helmet!"

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

They didn't redo them all for the US market. Canada did 4 seasons, I don't think the US got past season 3. I've got all the Canadian episodes.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

The first season was really hard to watch. That MC, Mark Tewksbury got on my nerves. He also did the show's theme 'puter sound. Awful! Tewksbury, a gold medal winner in......wait for it.... the back stroke. Pfffffff Why How It's Made never did a segment on fudge-packing is beyond me. (I crack myself up sometimes...is that wrong?)

Robatoy

Anybody else remember seeing the original, ultra-low budget version used as filler segments for Canadian television? No voice-over narration, just music. Hand-lettered title cards to convey information. Very quaint.

Reply to
Bill

Well, so far I have 7 seasons. The are made for the US market I assume. The same voice over for all the seasons.

I also have 6 seasons of the Canadian shows, and the host kinda sucks.

Reply to
Gary Kemper

At once or twice a week, I drive by a small local candy company (Munson's on CT Rt. 6), and picture this sign out front:

"Now Hiring Fudgepackers!"

It shouldn't be funny, but it is, 'cause I'm immature...

Reply to
B A R R Y

I was working on a custom-build kitchen for a local doctor, a psychiatrist. He had some serious problems with a roofing contractor, and just laid into the contractor during a phone-call. He called him every name in the book, made fun of his mother, the works. When he, the normaly quite reserved doctor, slammed down the phone he looked at me, flashed an ear-to-ear smile and said " Damn, that was immature of me, but it felt GREAT!"

Immature is good...especially when it comes to humour.

Robatoy

Just saw an episode showing how violins are made. Helt together totally with glue, and expected to last, and be used, for hundreds of years. Amazing amount of hand work done on one, and even more amazing, some of the very small planes used, and other tools. Neat.

The same episode showed how one of the most important articles in the world is made. I'm speaking, of course, of toiet paper. The show claimed it's sold in packs of up to 30 rolls, but I've never seen larger than a 24 pack. Heh heh, about a week ago 24 packs were on sale in my local grocery store, so I got 3, all they had. Marked down to $4.99 a

24 pack, and a day or so later the price was $5.99 a 24 pack. Usual price is $7.99 a 24 pack. Some of the smaller packs are as much as $10.99 - and they're maybe 12 rolls. They stock a lot of those one equals three packs too. I've never found that true. I always wind up folding about 6 layers, same as the regular rolls. Life is good when you know you've got spare roll of TP. Plus, when I open a pack, I like to stack the rolls in different forms. Sometimes it's just the small things that make likf good.

JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
J T

That was a great episode! The only one better than I watched (woodworking oriented anyhow) was the hand held piano thing with the baffle... er... it has a name... Wait a sec... Accordian! That's it...

Can't wait until they make them available on DVD via Blockbuster or Netflix...

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Joe AutoDrill

RE: Your sig.

I've always enjoyed the quip: "When in doubt, do what the doubters do."

Reply to
Zz Yzx