How is lumber graded

Had a visit on Monday to a local Mill and I'm wondering if someone can explain to me how lumber is graded? From what I've seen over the years different people are grading wood differently. Whats the rules for grading. I'm specifically looking at pine and cedar for now.

Reply to
HotRdd

Doug Miller

As always, it "depends" on which lumber at what mill...

Hardwood and it's relatives are graded differently from softwoods.

?userid=That last link will allow you download the "grading rules"

To make th> Had a visit on Monday to a local Mill and I'm wondering if someone can

Reply to
Pat Barber

Thanks guys.

Reply to