dadiOH
____________________________

#1, possibly mortised into the top. Maybe with a plate screwed to the top of the legs and then the plate fits into a mortise in the top and is screwed up into it. #2, it's hard to tell with the straight on view #4, spline in the miter

#1, the grain is going in the same direction. There might be breadboard ends on it, it kind of looks like there is but it might just be compression artifacts.
#2, hard to tell. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't take movement into consideration at all.
#3, it's probably edge banded plywood, particle board and is just attached directly to the rails.
-Kevin

Looks to me like it is all likely built up of ply, mdf or particle board and veneered or laminated.

That's what I think too....
SonomaProducts.com wrote:

I think #4 could be, maybe #1 too (though it looks more like it was built up from solid pieces) but not #2 & #3. Number 2 especially looks like solid wood, especially at the end of the small table in the lower left. Hard to tell though, resolution isn't very good.
--

dadiOH