How I made the TV cabinet 2" higher

Page 2 of 2

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Praise to a lot of people then, Sir.
Praise to Toller for having enough faith in this group to ask for the assist in the first place. Praise to the many that offered solutions. Praise to Toller for picking the best solution and executing it flawlessly Praise to you, Sir. Praise to me, for what I don't know, but I will think of something ...oh yes...this absolutely fabulous mug of coffee. (Costco House Blend with a couple of handfuls of Kenyan Dark, ground through a burr grinder on 'course' and steeped in 200-degree mineral water for 3 minutes in a french press.
sounds like a lot of work for a cup of coffee... <grin>

Robatoy wrote:

Anyone ever tell you that coffee is killed if the water reaches boiling point?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Robatoy wrote:
> ...oh yes...this absolutely fabulous mug of coffee. (Costco House > Blend with a couple of handfuls of Kenyan Dark, ground through a burr > grinder on 'course' and steeped in 200-degree mineral water for 3 > minutes in a french press.
I have two (2) requirements for my coffee:
Hot & Black!
Notice that "fresh" was not included<grin>.
Lew

Good Lord man! Never take coffee to seriously!

I agree Lew - I could care less about special beans care for by Juan Valdez, hand carried by a 12 year old virgin, dried in the sun, flow in by a carrier pigeon and had placed in a autoclaved mayonnaise jar, hermetically sealed and ground by a special $400 burr grinder.
Just toss the grounds in a pot, heat, stir, strain and serve. No milk, cream, or sugar- nothing just hot and black!
I may be a self described tool snob, but a coffee snob - never. Say, do they must sell coffee at Harbor Freight :)
Dave
Teamcasa wrote:
> Say, do > they must sell coffee at Harbor Freight :)
Probably not, but bet you can get a coffee grinder.
At least something that looks like a coffee grinder>
Lew
Teamcasa wrote:

[snip]
I make a single serving of coffee with the same speed as instant. I grind the COSTCO beans whilst the water is heating. I buy only the finest grade of medical helium for my plasma burner so not to contamnate the berillium kettle.(The rpm of the burr grinder closely monitored and plotted on a graph.) Put the grinds in the french press, add water and whilst steeping (3 minutes) I bring out my Wild Heerbrug stereo microscope and inspect and sort the beans for the next mug of coffee. When the triple beam scales tip, I have enough. I take off my coffee making uniform, and leave the clean-room with a perfect mug. Waddaya mean I take it too seriously?

Damn, I thought the coffee at McDonalds was pretty good till I saw this!

No shit...
I remember the first and last time I was in a StarBUCKS... and asked for a cup of "coffee"..
After 10 minutes of choices, I suffered through the "house blend" for about the price of a big red can of real coffee and never went back...
OTOH, I do get pretty picky about tequila, so I shouldn't be throwing stones... or wood scraps, to slip back towards topic a little.. *g*
Mac
That's one of the big selling points of all the "stuff" the sell to go in it. Their coffee is so bad that you have to cover up the taste with something.

cup
about the

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

That is why percolaters suck.
200 F degrees... not 212...F........ (All Tim Horton machines are calibrated at 190F. By the time the water leaves the kettle.. it's...190-ish. (That's about 95C for all you metric folk.)
There is no such thing as 200 C water at atmospheric pressure.

How do you kill something that isn't alive?

Throw in a few shavings and a bit of hardwood dust and you have a cup of coffee there!
Mac

Nice punt.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
Toller wrote:

That's awesome. Claim you did it on purpose.
"Toller"

Nice save, as long as the customer likes and more importantly, pays you for it!
Dave
<snipped for evil purposes>

yeah, they always want a few more inches... story of my life.. *sigh*
Mac

Cool! What color you gonna paint it? Greg