How far?

Page 2 of 4

I used to work at a place that had that schedule. Ain't it great? A three-day weekend every other week!
"Greg" wrote in message

or a

The closest Ace was one of the mentioned "hardware" stores that went out of business.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

screw
of
"Leon" wrote in message

... and pay a dollar each for an .08 cent part for the privilege. That said, Bering's does have good help who know their areas, BUT, if you're male it's required that you wear Italian tassel loafers with no socks to get waited on.
Besides, I wouldn't want to take the chance that any woodworking friends would see me go in there.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04
"Leon" wrote in message

On that same subject, were you aware that there is a Rockler Woodworking/Hardware store on the N bound feeder street of SW FWY between Buffalo Speedway and Kirby?
Took my youngest to lunch today and had to park away off from target restaurant in the same strip ... ended up walking past a shop with Jet woodworking tools in the front window?? ... for a second there I thought I was in the wrong time warp.
Had no idea a Rockler existed less than 2 miles from my house ... said they had been there since December. Lordy, I can feel the crowbar prying away already.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04
Swingman wrote:

Rick, I keep seeing this term "BORG", what does it mean? Big Organization? Alex

Weak pun on the like-named aliens from "Star Trek: The Next Generation", who inhabit large box-shaped vessels, and take-over anything within reach "Resistance is futile -- prepare to be assimilated."
Acronym for <B>ig <O>range <R>etail <G>iant.
Any of the so-called super-stores. As well as specifically the Orange- colored home-improvement one.

Yeah we got us a damn HD and OSH =BORG, very poor with hand tools like classic ones. Some sweet hardware stores went out of biz because of them.
"Learned Hardware ... come back - come back!"
Alex
AArDvarK responds:

Actually, they went out of business because their customers bailed out to save a few cents on the dollar.
Why would they come back to take another fiscal beating?
Charlie Self "Give me golf clubs, fresh air and a beautiful partner, and you can keep the clubs and the fresh air." Jack Benny
Sorry, no matter what quantity you have on hand, or is available in a package, it will be two (too) short of your requirement.

or a

working and

take
If she was not already employed there, she may not have been hired since she'd only get pregnant and stay home with the baby. It was a common reason back then, not to hire women.
Ed Pawlowski writes:

Uh, no. Not much chance. We've only been married 17 years.
Charlie Self "Democracy is a process by which people are free to choose the man who will get the blame." Laurence J. Peter
Still is but they have made it illegal to say that anymore.

reason

That's because you'll need SIX of the items. One will break during installation, and one will be defective.
These folks are actually looking out for you!
Barry
"B a r r y" wrote in message

LOL!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04
Swingman wrote:
<snip>

You aren't alone! My shop (shipping address) is more than fifteen miles away from my home (billing address). Last week a young lad struggled to carry a shipment of six-foot aluminum and brass bars up the stairs to my third-floor condo.
The next morning, of course, I got to carry the whole lot back down the stairs, load the works into my 2-door coupe, drive it all to the shop, unload it, and carry it all to the storage area.
I had called the "customer service" department right before ordering online to ensure that there wouldn't be any glitches...
The invoice did show the correct addresses. )-:
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

My mom worked as a secretary for the steelworkers union before she married my dad. (Back in the good old days). When she got married the union promptly fired her because her "husband should now take care of her". I really do not think today is worse - and that was a union's attitude.
Dave Hall
Dave Hall responds:

Yeah. There is improvement. My first MIL was a physicist who ended up raising kids and teaching high school. For several years, she got no raise. When she raised a ruckus--this is in the early '50s, mind, she was told she didn't need the money because her husband had a good job.
Total irrelevancies ruled. Some still do.
Charlie Self "Democracy is a process by which people are free to choose the man who will get the blame." Laurence J. Peter
Not sure. Union says they want everyone to make a "living wage." or what's higher, and built into government contracts, "prevailing wage." Now does any family deserve two such wages while any one has none?
Hint, nepotism is rampant in the union halls.

raising
she
need