How does a DW718 cut 16"?

I saw it at HD, but the expert there was surprised at the question and didn't have any idea. I went to the Dewalt website and they talk about an auxillary base. What is it, you raise the board up so it hits a wider piece part of the blade, or is there more to it than that?

Reply to
Toller

The video on the web site shows they use a piece of wood underneath the cut piece to raise it up into the blade more.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

It will cut a full 14" out of the box. If you want to cut 16" it appears you have to remove the fence, and place two pieces of 3/4" on the table. Your workpiece will then lay against a sub-fence allowing to cut a full 16". BTW...I own the saw and have yet to cut anything at a full 16", I'm just going off the literature that came with the saw. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson