How do you like your new toys?

I love it! SWMBO got me the 6914DWAE 12V impact from Makita. Unfortunately it wasn't the one that qualified for the freebie, but . .

Daughter wanted some utilitarian coatracks for the utility room. (2) 8' tubafors, (2) 1/2"x4' dowels, etc.

Used the new driver to mount them on the wall. WOW! 4" combo drive screws with square bit. After about the first 1/2", it started "hammering", but no massive torque forces returned to the wrist, just keep driving. I'm sure this thing could have driven the screws right on through the 2x and buried them in the wall.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

I got the 14.4V version last year. Since there is no clutch on these things, unless the wood is very soft, the next sound you hear is the head of the screw snapping off. DAMHIKT

Still need to warm up the 5007FAK circular saw that I got recently.

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick

What kind of screws are you using? I just got the 12 volt version and drove a #10, 3" long, deep enough into a 3" thick piece of maple to split the piece when the head went below the surface. No predrilling.

Reply to
Leon

Sat, Jan 1, 2005, 12:02pm snipped-for-privacy@madbbs.com (Norman=A0D.=A0Crow) says: I love it!

I didn't get any tools - I prefer choosing my own anyway, that way I get something I'll actually make use of.

But, did get a coffee cup, that had a picturre that was colored by the grand-dau and copied on the cup. I like that.

JOAT People without "things" are just intelligent animals.

Reply to
J T

But, did get a coffee cup, that had a picturre that was colored by the grand-dau and copied on the cup. I like that.

You're just an old softy! Congratulations, grandpa. That's worth more than any tool I can think of.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

He must be using smaller screws. Mine were #10 or #12x4", and as I said, I'm sure it would have driven them just as far as I wanted it to.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow