How do you distribute a K-body budget?

Page 2 of 2

Dang. 100 inch bar clamp. Haven't seen any other brands that long. That's almost as long as my 9 foot pipe clamps. :-)
Wayne

Your biggest pipe clamps are only 9 footers? Why stop there? ;-)
Patriarch

Hi Bob,
That's how I'm starting my Bessey collection (got a ton of x&%$# pipe clamps).
Ordered today (shipped today) from Amazon for 99.95.
Gonna do this again if I like them.
Lou
    Greetings and Salutations...
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:49:38 GMT, "Bob"

    Well, I think that you should look at the projects you are going to be building. If you are going to be making a LOT of large case goods, then, by all means, get the longer ones.     If you are going to be building small jewelry boxes, then, look to smaller clamps.     I find that in MOST cases, 24" is about the largest size that has overall usefulness for me. In my clamp collection (no Bessey's, though) I have at least 24 6" "F" clamps (useful not only for projects, but, holding things in place for drilling, on jigs, and (in my case) welding), 12 to 18 18" "F" clamps, half a dozen or so 24" "F" clamps, and a whole stack of bar clamps with 48" bars. I also have a bunch (a dozen or so) 6" "C" clamps, and, some other "C" clamps ranging up in size to about 20".     I also tend to pick up more clamps when I can, as I have never found a time when I had too MANY clamps, but, I have hit a few times when I really needed a couple more.     Regards     Dave Mundt

Dave,
Thanks to you and others for your replies. I built a decent collection of F-clamps because of the home depot cleanout last year and the discovery of a store that had very good quality Chinese Jorgenson F-clamp clones. I don't seem to run out of those clamps in what I do. I'm sure that getting a starter set of K-body's in my collection will get me going and then adding 2-4 at a time in the future will cover my needs.
Bob