How do you clean your brushes?

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to check and see how others clean their brushes and see if there was a better way. When I'm done putting on my stain, paint, varnish, etc on I fill a jar with mineral spirits (or whatever the solvent is) and slosh the brush in it. Then I wash in soap and water and then I put clean mineral spirits on the brush and dry with a paper town and put it into it's cardboard holder to keep the bristles from going crazy.
Sam
Take a look at this recent thread.....
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=UU4Za.26 745%24vx3.7464671%40kent.svc.tds.net&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dhow%2Bclean%2 Bbrushes%2Bgroup:rec.woodworking%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8 %26group%3Drec.woodworking%26scoring%3Dd

What do you suggest doing a search on to find that thread?

Sorry for the bad link....
There was a recent thread discussion titled "better way to clean a brush" which had a lot of good ideas about this topic.

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:19:33 GMT, "Wade Lippman"

goto http://google.com with your browser click on the Groups tab click on Advanced Groups Search enter "how clean brushes" in the "all the words" field enter "rec.woodworking" in the newsgroup field select "100 messages" from the dropdown box select a narrower date range if you wish click on the Google Search button half a second later you'll have a passel o' answers.
(Note the actual post subjects for later use.)

I picked the key words out of the code above. "how clean brushes rec.woodworking"
HOW TO DO A REGULAR GOOGLE SEARCH THE SHORT WAY -----------------------------------------------
You could also use this base for a Google search: "http://google.com/search?&q ="
and add your search words to the end like this: "how+to+search+google"
giving you a final search string: http://google.com/search?&q=how+to+search+google
--============================================-- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Larry,
Why didn't you just tell him that you send your brushes out to the dry cleaners - no fuss, no muss.....;-)
pixelated:

'Cuz I use old t-shirts to wipe on my clearcoats. THAT's why.
--============================================-- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Presoaking in solvent helps material stop drying near the ferrule and aids in cleaning also.
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:57:42 -0400, "Sam Hopkins"

I don't. I pitch them.
Jack
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 08:50:08 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

My e-mail address is real. Feel free to use it. I know how to delete spam.