How do it work? Delta Uniplane

Hey all, I just saw a Delta Uniplane on Ebay. No, I'm not interested in buying it but I had never seen one in operation. Is it an edge jointer for boards on their sides, much like jointing a board on a router table? Can you face joint on it too? Thanks in advance for any answers, straight or comical. Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

Basically, yes and yes. It has most advantage for model work, etc., where very small pieces can be handled that can't be done safely (or at all) on a conventional jointer. Model shop at former work had one; got to play with it some.

--

Reply to
dpb

Yes, and yes. Just like jointing or facing with a router table.

I used to demo them at shows for Delta. They are tricky to setup and align, but once that is done...they work great !

Reply to
Wayne J.

That they did, and do, where they still exist. The guard wasn't up to standard, that's for sure, but it'd do end grain.

Reply to
George