How do it work? Delta Uniplane

Hey all, I just saw a Delta Uniplane on Ebay. No, I'm not interested in buying it but I had never seen one in operation. Is it an edge jointer for boards on their sides, much like jointing a board on a router table? Can you face joint on it too? Thanks in advance for any answers, straight or comical. Marc
marc rosen wrote:

Basically, yes and yes. It has most advantage for model work, etc., where very small pieces can be handled that can't be done safely (or at all) on a conventional jointer. Model shop at former work had one; got to play with it some.

Yes, and yes. Just like jointing or facing with a router table.
I used to demo them at shows for Delta. They are tricky to setup and align, but once that is done...they work great !

That they did, and do, where they still exist. The guard wasn't up to standard, that's for sure, but it'd do end grain.