How do I take of my Wheel on my bandsaw

I'm wondering how I can take off the wheel on my band saw. It is a standalone 14" Import, but very nice, made in Taiwan. It looks like I have to use a wheel puller, is that how it is done? I got some new tires, and the instructions say, take off the wheel. So if any of you distinguished woodworkers could please give me a hint, I would appreciate it a lot......Peter

Reply to
pmaston

On my Jet 14" BS, you just take the nut off and then the wheel comes right off. No wheel puller is required. IIRC, the nut is reverse thread.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

That's the secret!

Reply to
Phisherman

If after removing the bolt/nut the wheel does not easily slide off, you then need a puller.

Reply to
Leon