How do I take care of a burl?

I found a burl on the stump of an oak that has been cut for 5-6 years. If I take it off what are the chances that it is good? What should I do with it? Should I slice it up? Will it need dried like any other wood?
sbnjhfty wrote:

too, and are well on the way to recycling it. Unless the stump sprouted and is still alive.
Chainsaw it off and have a look.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

It does need to be dried. You could slice it up but I'd use it for turning.