How do I refinish pecky cypress paneling

Hello,
We are moving a home that has a 20x20 room with pecky cypress paneling. The problem is that this addition to the home was likely put on in the 1950s and there is an awful avocado stain on the paneling.
I'm not sure what to do. How would I go about refinishing the surface? A glaze? With the deep holes in the wood and the size of the room, I can't imagine stripping the wood. I wouldn't know what to use if I did try to strip the panels.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
CB
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

PAINT. Fred
On 20 Mar 2006 13:40:53 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Can you turn them over and put back paint side in? Alva Hardwoods (google them) had some 1x6 T&G pecky cypress if you need some more. I did wainscoting in my living room with it.