how do i receive the posts?

I signed up recently and checked the once-a-day receiving of messages. Nothing came. Then I changed it to each one separately to get a few and still no receiving of anything here. What am I doing wrong?
Steve Nine Mile Falls, WA

What you're doing wrong is misunderstanding the difference between a listserv and a newsgroup. This is the latter, not the former. Google will probably be helpful here.
On Tue, 20 May 2014 06:37:55 -0700, steve wrote:

You're still confused about Usenet vs groups and lists. Try reading this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
And here's a free usenet server some folks use:
http://www.eternal-september.org/