How do I get the wood out of a hole saw?

I cut a hole in a piece of wood 1 1/2". Now the hole saw has a big piece of wood in it. How do I get it out? Thank you.
On 18 Jul 2004 17:14:49 -0700, john_20_28 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (jm) wrote:

Hole saws are designed to be used until the saw fills with wood and then discarded.
Actually, I usually use a screwdriver, through the slots in the hole saw, to push the wood out.
Barry
B a r r y wrote:

Saw about half way through then come at it from the other side if possible. This minimizes splintering and allows easy removal of the slug. HTH --
edard wrote:

I've noticed that somehow hole saws make the center piece of wood compress in size while drilling and then when finished it expands to lodge itsself tight in there. I've had to unscrew the nut on the shank of the holesaw and then hammer it out more than once.
Sun, Jul 18, 2004, 7:35pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@linuxmail.DOT.org (edard) says: Saw about half way through then come at it from the other side if possible. This minimizes splintering and allows easy removal of the slug. HTH
The splintering is never a problem with me, because I always use a sacrificial piece of wood. However, this way does allow some of the wood to stick out, making it a lot easier to pull it out. I would suggest leting the holesaw come to a complete stop before you try to pry, or pull, the wood out. But, that's up to you.
JOAT
We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience. - Nanny Ogg
edard wrote:

If I'm not trying to save the "wheel" I stop halfway and use a chisel to get rid of a lot of the waste.
-- Mark
john_20_28 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (jm) wrote in message

Some hole saws have two or more small holes in the 'back' of the saw, that is the part to which teh shank attaches. Punches can be inserted there and struck with a hammer to force out the plug. Or you can put one or more screws into the plug itself from the iopen end and pull it out with those, twisting helps.
But often disassembly is the only thing that works.
--

FF

Thanks. I ended up drilling into the top and wedging it out.
You could try inserting 1 or 2 drywall screws into the block and use visegrips to pull out the plug.
Mr Fixit eh.
Inevitably Crapsman will soon come out with a "self-ejecting" hole saw. Which reminds me, I worked the other day with the guy who invented the spring-loaded, self winding chalk line and he's waiting for a settlement on a copyright infringe- ment by Sears.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BUB 209) wrote in message

I'm guessing you misplet 'patent infringement', though if the guy actually said 'copyright infringement' he may have been telling stories.
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BUB 209) wrote in message

I'm guessing you misplet 'patent infringement', though if the guy actually said 'copyright infringement' he may have been telling stories.
--

FF

BUB 209 wrote:

Haven't been in a Sears lately, have you? Although I believe that they stock it under the manufacturer's brand rather than the store brand.
How does one copyright a chalk line?
--
--John
RE: Subject