How do I connect router table top to base?

I've bought a commercial router table top and fence system. If I build a base with shelves and drawers, how should I connect the base to the top?

Will Kreg pocket holes work well? Should I use small blocks of wood attached to the top? Should I use some kind of small steel L brackets? All of the above None of the above?

Gerry < no, this is not a multiple-choice exam >

Reply to
G.E.R.R.Y.

If the router top is a non-expandable material (i.e. wont expand/contract with changes in moisture levels), then you could possibly use any of those methods above.

--

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

50 woodworking product reviews online!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Kreg Universal Bench Klamp

- GRR-Ripper System & MJ Splitter

- Spaceage Ceramic Bandsaw Guides

- Infinity "Dadonator" Stacked Dado Set

- GMC LS950SPJ Scrolling Jigsaw

- Triton Powered Respirator

Woodcrafter

Any of the above.

Woodworking is a series of challenges, there are many correct answers. Use what you've got!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

You could use what I used for my router table, gravity! The top is just laying there! I fit the underside top with a second layer of MDF that fits snugly inside the cabinet. If I want to remove the top, lift out the router and plate, and off it comes. No problem while using it so far either. Greg

Reply to
Greg O