How can I bend cedar for a fence?

I am building a cedar fence. Each section is 6 feet high and 7 feet long, 3/4 of an inch thick. I am going to cut a curve (called a scallop?) at the top of each section, dipping down about 5 inches in the middle of the section. To give the top a more finished look, I want to attach a 1x2. I plan to cut a 3/4 inch wide groove in the center of the 1x2 so it will fit snuggly. This piece will have to fit the curve. The question is, do I have to do something special to bend the top piece, or can I simply force it into the curve? I plan to use some kind of glue/epoxy to fasten it.
Thanks!
You could soak it in water first - overnight. It would probably fit if you forced it but the water will soften it for you.

You will not have to push very hard to make a piece of 1x2 fit the curve. Assuming 2 is the top dimension and 1 is the vertical dimension. Finish nails will hold it while the glue dries.

A 5 inch bow over a 7 ft length doesn't seem too excessive for this application, in fact, if you shop at Home Depot you can probably find some boards with this curvature ready-made.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
snip>>

Only if your looking for straight boards. :-)
LOL!
Dave
Lawrence Wasserman wrote:

Lawrence Wasserman wrote:

Nah, they only carry boards with multiple bends & twists<G>. John