How big a air compressor to use for spraying stucco texture?

Hi

I am going to buy an air compressor to spray stucco texture to the ceiling & drywall using a Hopper gun. How big psi or HP Air compressor I have to get in order to use for such application? I also want to use it for nailer & air pump. This is mainly for home use. So, it is not use often.

Any advise would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

LS

Reply to
stvlai

You need the pressure and CFM recommendations from the manufacturer of the gun.

You'll probably discover that a compressor large enough for your sprayer is large enough to run several guns simultaneously.

You might consider owning a smaller compressor and renting a larger one for those occasions when you need one.

Reply to
U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles

rent the compressor and gun... it's a lot less expensive that way.. then buy a small compressor for around the shop..

My neighbor does drywall texturing, and his compressor is on a trailer...

Mac

Reply to
mac davis

I'm also contemplating a compressor. I can get a twenty gallon Borg Brand or a DeWalt Englo for about the same price as the least expensive oiled models. Sears seems to have dropped oiled compressors entirely, at least here in Jersey.

I'm reasonably certain I'd NEVER need the extra capacity and might prefer the portability, but . . .

oh well. SWMBO started making "This vacuum is a piece of . . " noises, so I guess I'm buying a sucker rather than a blower this quarter.

Reply to
U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles