How 2 cut wedge RAS Q

Need to cut wedge in a 2 x 4 X 74 inches as stud in wall gap of deck. Only have radial arm and skill saw.
I cut a wedge freehand with RAS but it was done on the flat side and I need the angle on the edge which I can't do freehand as it would be too dangerous for me. Time is no problem, of course, so any slow sure method of constant adjustments would be okay. I thought of turning the blade deck face down at an angle and feeding and adjusting as I go from one end, of course. Any suggestion of a better way or how I might set it up would be appreciated.
My RAS is great but basic. I have no fancy attachments.
My background is I have had the saw (Sears RAS) for 35 years and do basic cuts and angles but this is not my usual cut.
Thanks.
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:38:30 +0000, occupant wrote:

You need to attach the 2 x 4 to a scrap hunk of ply with one straight edge. The ply should have the straight edge and one parallel side cut on your RAS with a rip cut. The ply should be close to the same length as the 2 x 4. Now, attach the 2 x 4 to the ply with nails or screws through the ply (1/4" is good for the ply) with the 2 x 4 aligned at the proper angle to the edge of the ply for the "wedge". Now, simply make another rip cut of the same width as the ply width with one edge of the ply against the fence of the RAS. Remove the 2 x 4 wedge from the ply sled and you got it.
-Doug
--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples
then you and I will still each have one apple.
Doug Winterburn wrote:

Thanks for your reply Doug.
I did a mockup and the procedure as I undertood it and it produced a nice small wedge. Either I misunderstood the instructions or my request is misunderstood.
I want to produce a wedge to be a gradual wedge of 74 inches, so from top to bottom of a 2 X 4. The only wedge I could get from my understanding of the above instructions was the typical doorstop size/piece. What have I done wrong?
occupant wrote:

[snip]
Guess I read your OP wrong. To rip a tubafor in a long angle, I would probably mark a chalk line on its surface, clamp the mother down, set the blade depth on the skill saw to a bit more than the thickness of the wood, and have at it. You'll most likely have to move your clamps before you can get the whole thing cut. If you have a rip blade, that helps. Second choice a good combo blade. Have fun.     mahalo,     jo4hn

skilsaw. chalk line.

Does this sentence make sense to anyone?

Buy a handsaw (or sharksaw).
scott
Scott Lurndal wrote:

I am not a carpenter so it may not be the correct language. There is a gap between the house exterior stucco wall and the first stud of the new deck. This 74 inch wedge slips in the space between the first stud (level perpendicular) of the new deck and the stucco wall of the house.
Actually, Doug, posted how to do it and it worked beautifully on my RAS.

What is a sharksaw, Scott?