hose for compressor

I am looking for a source for a compressor hose that is flexible. I have added a short coiled hose to my stiff hose but it tangles. Someone must make a flexible hose...any ideas?
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:
> I am looking for a source for a compressor hose that is flexible.
What is your definition of "flexible"?
What is the application?
Lew

Just using it on a Porter Cable pancake compressor.
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:
> Just using it on a Porter Cable pancake compressor.
The Home Depot special isn't going to cut it.
They are low cost ($10), but stiff as a cob.
Expect to pay $20-$30 for a flexible 3/8" x 50' hose.
Try Grainger, McMaster-Carr or an industrial supply house in your area.
Lew

Thanks for your help
On Feb 16, 1:22 pm, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

I got a Goodyear hose from Amazon ((Amazon.com product link shortened)- Safety-Yellow-Industrial/dp/B0000225E0/sr=8-1/qid71653280) and I love it. I bought one of those PVC ones and I hated using it every single time I got it down. It's now been relegated to the connection between my hose reel and compressor. The Amazon link is $25.00 with free shipping, so it's a good deal.
I got a $25 hose reel from Harbor Freight (http:// www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber@131) (hey, $20 + shipping), and I really enjoy how much nicer my shop looks and how much easier it is to use my air tools. For $45 + $8.00 shipping, that's not bad.
-Nathan
I installed my HF reel over the upper, right side of the doorway between my wood and metalworking shops so that one hose serves both (with the door open). This arrangement seems very convenient and encourages taking a moment to wind up the hose when I'm done working.
David Merrill
(hey,

You are looking for a rubber hose if you want a durable and more flexible hose. Not totally flexible as it will retain a form that it prefers to be wound up in but better than the telephone cord style hoses.
Check Amazon
bigsteelhead,
I don't have one of these, but found it by doing a quick Google search. It's a 3 ft. hose with a swivel fitting on it.
http://www.brandsonsale.com/ht-001376.html
Another thought, which I've been contemplating myself, is to attach a hose reel to handle my compressor. That would allow me to only pay out as much hose as would be needed for the specific job.
Granted, since you are using a pancake compressor, that may not be a viable option for you. Maybe you could mount one to an L-shaped couple of boards and sit your compressor on top of it as ballast. I'm not sure if it would be heavy enough to withstand pulling out the hose from the wheel. Let us know if you do come up with something that works for you.
Hope this helps.
Peter.

you can also buy several kinds of swivel fittings as stand alone parts (not connected to a whip). a number of my air tools have swivels before the quick disconnect.
I have an air hose that sounds like it would do what you want. It is Ridgid 1/4" rubber "Flex-hose", about $0.00 at my local Home Depot. I would not use it for tools that require high volume of compressed air, but it works fine for the finish and brad nailers that I use in my shop. I am happy with the way it works for me. It is much easier to maneuver than the 3/8" reinforced hose that I use for other applications and does not seem to kink easily. I thought about the plastic coil air lines but decided that would make sense if I had a air distribution line over my work area, but not for the way tha I use my air powered tools.
I tried to find it on the HD web site, but could not locate it.

www.mcmaster.com
Delivered same or next business day.
--

Regards,