Hose adapter/Makita ROS

Does anyone make an adapter to fit a shop vac hose to the dust collection port on a Makita ROS?

I tried matching up the port with some PVC but it seems to be an intermediate size. I'd really like to hook it up to a small shop vac ala the Fein sander/vac combo.

Any ideas welcomed.

John

Reply to
John Emmons

Have you tried duct tape?

Reply to
Joe_Stein

My PC ROS fits fine, so I tried it once. It is a PITA to sand with the hose hanging off it. Unless cleanliness is somehow essential, don't bother.

Reply to
John

I found nice lightweight hose smaller than shopvac hose at my local Borg called "boat sump hose" 1 and 1/8" slipped on my PC ROC just fine, I just need to adapt it to the shopvac at the other end, have it taped now. The small light hose it much easier to handle than heavier shopvac hose.

Reply to
Eugene

Eugene wrote in news:zaudna-WLJMd snipped-for-privacy@wideopenwest.com: My shopvac hose end fit perfectly in my Makita ROS. Another poster said it best though...it is a royal pain to sand with it attached. I usually just do it when I'm sanding MDF.

If you don't have a shopvac brand, maybe you could try one of their brand name hoses.

Jim

Reply to
Jim