Horizontal Resaw Bandsaw

I'm starting to look into some type of resaw bandsaw. The primary use would be to cut reclaimed timber into cabinet wood - I'm not looking to make veneer. I've seen the Grizzly G0504 (at $14k), and that would pretty much do the job. One thing I'm not so keen on is the idea of jointing one face flat prior to resawing, which it seems you'd have to do. This is also one of the reasons I'm leaning away from a vertical bandsaw w/power feeder. The machine that is most appealing right now is a portable sawmill, even though it's unlikely to be leaving the shop much. These are built to handle much bigger stock than a 16" timber, which is about as big as it'd be likely to see, and you can leave it rough on all faces while you cut.

Ideally this machine would cost somewhat less than fourteen thousand.

JP

****************************************************************** Oh yeah - any suggestions? Comments? Criticisms?
Reply to
Jay Pique

marc rosen

Here is what you need,

Reply to
Leon

good. For that I could pick up a big old Tannewitz and leave it set up.

Thanks for the link. JP

Reply to
Jay Pique