Hooray! I'm eventually getting somewhere!

This whole website building thing is complicated, but at last i really think I'm getting somewhere...
I've added more plans and started to put the links in categories at www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk. It's taking a lot more time than I thought, but I'm actually quite enjoying it; although my DIY has come to a complete standstill for over 3 weeks now. Wifes not happy!
snipped-for-privacy@muckleshed.com

Thats great. The real question is are you making any money off of us with your Google ads yet?
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com
Stoutman wrote:

Not really. But it's fun watching it anyway.

Watch out for Google Ads! They are a shady group at Google. All someone has to do to get your Google Ad account revoked is to keep clicking on the same ad over and over. It sends a 'red flag' to Google that something is a little fishy. Once you are account is about to be paid out, they drop you like a hot potato. They intentionally wait until your account reaches the pay out amount ($150 ?) before doing this.

What's shady about that? If they didn't do that, it'd be very easy to abuse.

'I' could have his account revoked simply by clicking on the same ad 'several' times. It will appear to Google to be click-fraud. You don't receive payment from Google until you have a balance of $100. If they are suspicious of you, they will wait until your account reaches $99 before they send you a notice e-mail and end their relationship with you. Then you don't receive a dime. That is a little shady.

Perhaps, but it seems like the only way to prevent someone from spoofing thier IP and then repeatedly clicking on their own ad to make money. Seems like a bad way to make money to me, but there's always someone who will do anything for a nickle. Hell, even for free- I met a guy one time who was terribly proud of beating a video game by spending every day for six weeks making his character throw meat at a wall to get a tiny amount of "experience points" each time until his character was invulnerable. It's people like that they're guarding against, and I imagine they're willing to risk alienating the one or two people who are legitimately victims of someone else's activities to make the scam impossible.
Besides, who the heck is going to bother doing that to your website?

Family members that think they are doing you a 'favor'.

Ahh. It's a matter of family 're-education'. Took a long time, and eventually outright yelling, to get my mother to stop forwarding spam with virus-infected attachments to my e-mail account because she thought little inspirational stories were "cute".
But that's not really Google's fault- it's misguided family members (perhaps unknowingly) running a scam on your behalf. That's exactly what they're trying to prevent.
Prometheus wrote:

Well we'll have to see... it'll take me months to get to $100 anyway!
Sun, Oct 29, 2006, 12:34am snipped-for-privacy@business.org (Prometheus) doth quary: <snip> Besides, who the heck is going to bother doing that to yourwebsite?
LMAO
Looks like he may have one or two of the links I've posted before.
JOAT If it can't kill you, it ain't a sport.