Hood Wiping Stain - Test

I?ve been using Hydrocote waterborne stain in my commercial shop for years and I top coat with Hydrocote Resistane. After recent discussion with the customer service at Hood Products/Hydrocote

I decided to give their Wiping Wood Stain a try.
initial test drive was good, I liked the results, but after using a total waterborne for years I needed a wee bit of help with application (I spray on my stains). Customer service suggested sanding to 220 max., spraying on a good wet coat, waiting

30 seconds and wiping down. I just finished staining an order I achieved a very good stain. After a 1 hour dry you can apply your favorite top coat. I applied Hydrocote Resitane
over the Wiping Stain, application and final finish was excellent.

The Wiping stain also acts like a glaze so it really gives you good accents in the grain. I used Scott Paper Towel to wipe down. If you miss wiping a spot, wet it down with a bit of stain on a rag and wipe away.

Their customer service/order desk number is 1-800-229-0934.

Wiping Stain MSDS:

I use Hydrocote/Hood products as a consumer, I received no compensation for this report.

Reply to
Rumpty

This should read easier: