Honolulu tool stores

Can anyone tell me if there is a decent store in Honolulu OTHER THAN Woodcraft? Getting on a plane tomorrow, and after the compulsory Woodcraft stop-and WalMart(gotta go to wally world--absence makes the heart grow fonder), I need to find out if there is a place that has affordable WW products.

Reply to
David Sizemore

You _miss_ Wal-Mart?

Where I am, many residents would like to burn them down.

Reply to
B a r r y

I used to travel a bit, and after a few months out of the US, I'd thinka trip to Wal-Mart was like a trip to Disney Land.

Reply to
Hedley

I've also traveled plenty, which is precisely why I never miss Wal-Mart.

Stuff I can't imagine missing: crappy Chinese hardware & tools, edited videos and CD's, "Ameriwood" furniture...

But then again, I don't go to Disney on vacation, either.

Reply to
B a r r y

A trip to Walmart equated with a trip to Disneyland/world. Gimme a break.

I'm proud to say I *never* go to Walmart. I know, that puts me in a tiny minority, but fortunately the place I live has numerous other options to patronize for what I need or want.

Reply to
George Max

There is/used to be a store on Beretania between Kalakaua and McCully. Makai (ocean) side of the street, can't recall the name but check the telephone book there.

Depending on what sort of products you want, there is also City Mill on Nimitz H'wy in Iwilei near downtown. They are more lumber and general handtools.

If you want koa lumber, look up Saunder's Lumber.

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

This information is about 10 years old. I don't think the situation has changed drastically.

You MUST go to Kilgo's (on Sand Island Access Road, at the ewa end of the harbor, diamond head of the airport and ewa of downtown, makai of the freeway). It has a pretty good selection of woodworking tools and machines. And it has an unbelievably great selection of marine hardware, and of everything else.

BTW, if you don't understand the directions in parentheses above, you will have a hard time navigating around Honolulu.

Reply to
_firstname_

"David Sizemore" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Nice drive-by!

Can't help, other than that ...

Reply to
John Thomas

As far as the above patronizing comment, I don't need to know what the pukka-pukka side of the road is, or the kumoniwannalaya end of the island, for that matter.

I'll take my (albeit limited) experience of the island, filter that thru Mapquest, and get almost anywhere I need to be.

I'm just rolling with the punches....after knowledge of an INTERSTATE highway on an island(can't even have an intrastate hwy without a lot of bridges), I can deal with just about anything King K's atoll has.

Mahalo nonetheless

Reply to
David Sizemore

DANG! How could I forget about Kilgo's? Wonderful store....

Reply to
dadiOH