Honing guide measurements?

Millimeters = equals degrees with the most basic vise type of guide, bought mine at a Rockler store. The instructions only give the following:

Chisel projection: 30mm = 30º / 40mm = 25º Plane iron projection: 38mm = 30º / 50mm = 25º

Time for 1º more for the micro bevel of either, can anyone tell me how many less millimeters to subtract from the projections?

Reply to
AAvK

It ought to me accurate enuf to interpolate: -2 mm for chisels and -2.5 mm for plane irons should give you a 1degree change.

Walt C

Reply to
Walt Cheever

Really cool, thanks Walt!