Honing compound for the Tormek

Have any of you used the Veritas® Honing Compound from Lee Valley for your Tormek instead of the stuff that comes in a tube with the Tormek? I was wondering if it was as good or better than the tube stuff. Thanks
Add pictures here
âś–
I use it with my Tormek with mixed results. If I go straight from the grinding wheel to the leather wheel, it is too big of a jump when using the really fine .5µ honing compound from Lee Valley. Generally, I sharpen my chisels on the Tormek, then hone them up to 8,000 grit on waterstones. I then use the leather wheel with the Lee Valley honing compound to keep them touched up and sharp.
Preston

Add pictures here
âś–
"Joe" wrote ...

I don't have a Tormek but I do have a 2" by about 6" stick of 1/2" poplar with a chunk of leather glued to it. I just smear the LV honing compound on it and strop my tools once in a while with it. I don't need a machine to do it. By hand it works very well, I can't imagine it doing anything but good on a machine.
--
Cheers,
Howard