Honeydo, NOT fine furniture, & link question??

Been hopping around on a gimp knee and with one good hand, but finally got around to actually doing something in the shop yesterday ... for the first time in more than two months.
Such as it was ... far from being "fine furniture", and it took gimp the entire afternoon, but what the hell, it's both a honeydo, mitigating a liability issue in the front yard, and a start on getting back to it (need to do the back now, but shouldn't get sued by trespassers over it now ... all in good time)
Also, interested in feedback to which link works, and whether you are being forced to signup/logon? ... Google has royally screwed things these days, Thanks!
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMWLWjNQCx1dvj1CDILsFwhQBlnQzaN_vDtkFC_
https://goo.gl/photos/ycJfJZsvLapuyr8n8
And, good practice for when the real fun starts. Took a down payment on materials, need to find more suitable QSWO, and start as soon as possible on this drop leaf game table (design still in flux, but close):
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPTcWohpVbwGEzzcCAd7F_iu2QTma21diBxc5e3
https://goo.gl/photos/cNgCcUDKVDiWsAkN8
Lazy days, soon to be over ...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 05/29/2016 12:29 PM, Swingman wrote:

So, a replacement or somesuch??? Wasn't aware; "get well soon!" ... :) ...

First 404's both cases; no login needed for second...

On 5/29/2016 1:02 PM, dpb wrote:

Thank you!
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 5/29/2016 1:02 PM, dpb wrote:

Not yet, but thinking about it now. VA offered a knee replacement, but I wanted to wait until I only had to do it once ... and, it's the VA.
Jumping out of a helicopter into what looked like 8' of elephant grass, but 20 instead, will come back to haunt you 50 years later.
> Wasn't aware; "get well soon!" ... :)
Thanks.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Second link works, first does not. I give up ... what is QSWO?

On 2016-05-29 2:04 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

--
Froz....

On 5/29/2016 1:15 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Yep ... and getting harder and harder to find the good stuff.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Looking good! Are you going to honey doo the back of the bench too?
On 5/29/2016 1:10 PM, Leon wrote:

Yep, that will take a bit more than cutting a board to 48" +/-, and drilling some holes, which ups the ante/category to fine woodworking for a honeydo.
Hell, might have to use SketchUp, and buy a Festool, or two ...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 5/29/2016 2:08 PM, Swingman wrote:

Heck Yeah!

First one in both cases request a log in, or create an account. 2nd one goes right to the pictures with a note at the bottom to sign in if you want to leave a comment.
Glad to see you could do something and felt motivated.
On 5/29/2016 1:51 PM, OFWW wrote:

Good info. Thanks.
I was afraid of that. Getting bids on a concrete overlay job the other day and the recipients of the dimensioned drawings on picasaweb, showing accurate square footage, could not open them.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 12:29:37 PM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:

As others, second link, in both cases, worked.
Some time ago, after your first Sx appt date, I had wondered how your carpa l tunnel went. I don't recall the dates you mentioned, but I suppose you' ve had the second, by now. Can you grasp a beer yet (probably a stupid qu estion, since that might be part of your perscribed physical therapy regimi ne)?
I have some PT for your hands... picking boysenberries. I've picked 7 dis h pans, so for, and still have plenty on the bushes. We'll be thinking of your recovery, while eating berries and ice cream/whip cream, on these get ting hotter days. We've been picking lots of corn, okra and field peas, la tely, also.
Yeah, with that gimp knee, I can envision the wife poking you with a stick, get you going with those honey-dos, since you can't escape too effectively . +1 for the wife!... and her stick!
Sonny
On 5/29/2016 1:58 PM, Sonny wrote:

Thanks ... Google breaks things at their whim. It's their ball, the price is right, and I'm the product.

Slow recovery, probably due to age, and waiting much too long to take care of it. Time will tell, just more of it than expected.
Idea was to be able to both sleep, and to play bass again. The first is already accomplished, the second is looking doubtful ... but I'm OK with that, made the bed, I'll sleep in it...
Thanks for asking, Sonny!
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

I hope you are able to play bass, again. Bass violin?

I've had repeated stress injuries (RSIs) several times in my life. Wanna know how to get rid of 'em? It's like the old joke. "I told my doctor it hurts whenever I do that". He sed, "Don't do that!".
Sounds trite, I know, but it IS the only cure. Don't say, "But, I'll hafta stop working. My job depends on it!" Hello! Being crippled is worse than being un-employed. Besides, once yer fully cripped up, you'll probably get fired. ;)
nb --jes gotta new banjo
On 5/29/2016 2:31 PM, notbob wrote:

What did you get?
Basically quit playing banjo 30 years ago. Played an older Gibson RB5 for years; traded that in; bought a custom Stelling, straight from Geoff around 1978; sold that about 20 years ago; and all I have left now is an el cheapo Alvarez ... short one string.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Nothing so nice as a Gibby. I gotta beginner banjo, a close to the bottom-of-the-line Recording King w/ resonator (RKS-06).
My intention was to learn to do clawhammer, but have discovered all that fingerpicking I've been doing on the guitar, most of my life, may come in handy. If only I can get used to those damn thumb/finger picks. Who knows. I may actually become a bluegrass banjo picker.
Fer what it's worth, I usta play, bass violin, Sousaphone, and bass guitar, way back in my K12 days. ;)
In the meantime, I'm, nb --practicing my "bum-ditty"

The longer of the two was a google 404 error, the shorter wanted me to join.

using Firefox 46.0.1