honey-do list

Working through the honey-do list this summer and going really well for once. SWMBO asks for a few dividers to be put in a drawer for large implements to be seperated - no problem.
I measure twice, cut once, iron on the tape. remove the drawer face, nail in place nice and square and even. Beautiful, 15 minute job.
I bring it inside after replacing the face and it doesn't fit! Hmm, must've moved the face somehow (it was located by 4 screws. So I play and play, trying to get this sucker back where it came from.
Finally, after 20 minutes, I get this little voice in my head saying "go on, ask her", so I do. "Ahh, honey, is this the drawer that came from this position?"
"No, I wanted the second drawer in the third slot so I moved it while you were doing the dividers." She looks at me for a minute, then says "is that why they're numbered at the back?
Doh!
ROTFLMAO! TWS
LSHMBB!! (L.aughing S.o H.ard M.y B.elly B.ounces)
Sun, Jan 9, 2005, 6:50am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@nothanks.com (Groggy) says: <snip> She looks at me for a minute, then says "is that why they'renumbered at the back?
She wasn't a 2d Lieutenant in another life, was she?
JOAT Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. - Dale Carnegie
Now *I'm* LSHMBB!
-Phil Crow
(Groggy) says: <snip> She looks at me for a minute, then says "is that why they'renumbered at the back?
She wasn't a 2d Lieutenant in another life, was she?
2nd Looie = Ensign, right? 1st Looie = Lieutenant J.G. Post Korea, pre 'Nam, Steelworker CPO tells me . . .Seabees are building concrete ammo bunkers, *new* Ensign or JG comes aboard, first day he sees the Steelworkers torching excess re-bar off the top of the walls while Builders are stripping forms down below, getting some sparks. Newbie has a fit, stops job. Three senior CPO's spend several weeks rotating keeping him *occupied* while the two not busy with that see that the job gets back on schedule.
--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.