Homemade Stroke Sander

Anyone ever make their own stroke sander?If so can you share pictures and pros/cons? I need to sand a lot of 8by8s, 12' long and commercial sanders are only 6" belts, 8 to 10' beds, and you can't slide the pieces from the ends. I'm thinking of roller stands for the infeed/outfeed tables to ease the process( timbers are about 150# each). I prefer a stroke type to control the pressure of the sanding as opposed to a drum type where you crank it down and pray.
Thanks for any ideas.
--
Jay Miller
Temtronic Designs Inc.

Andy marlow had a design but that was several years ago .
There were two posted here in the very recent past, so a google groups search should turn them up.